Welcome to the Town of Wayland! A part of Middlesex County, it’s a peaceful community offering residents small town charm located along the Sudbury River. Wayland is known for its Top Rated Schools and good proximity to Boston and major routes. Wayland is bordered by Lincoln, Sudbury, Weston, Framingham and Natick.
WAYLAND TOWN INFORMATION:
- Distance to Boston is ~ 16 miles.
- Estimated population ~ 12,994.
- Total Area Of Town~ 15.9 Square Miles
- Wayland Zip Code~01778
- Residential Tax Rate 2018: ($18.03) per $1000 Assessed Value.
WAYLAND REAL ESTATE SEARCHES:
HERE ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT THE TOWN OF WAYLAND:
- Wayland was named after a former preacher and Brown University President, Francis Wayland.
- About half of Wayland’s residents live in Cochituate, a census-designated area located within the city limits of Wayland proper.
- Wayland enjoys a variety of restaurants and shops all located in what’s coined “Wayland Town Center”. Additionally, located near the Wayland Center are newly built premier townhomes known as the Wayland Commons.
- Wayland was the first settlement of the Sudbury Plantation in 1639.
- According to the latest Boston Magazine, “Best Public Schools in Boston” Ranking, Wayland Public Schools ranked #4.
- Average price for a single family home ~ $750,348.
The Wayland School District serves 2690 students and consists of 3 elementary schools that serve grades Pre K -5, 1 Middle School that serves grades 6-8 and 1 High School that serves grades 9-12.
- Wayland High: grades 9-12 Student Population: 842
- Wayland Per Pupil Expenditure: 2017 ($17,652) versus National Average ($11,392)
- Percent to graduate High School: (97%)
- Percent to attend College: (87%)
WAYLAND MA POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Wayland Commons: New “downtown area” with shops, restaurants, offices and condos
- Wayland Country Club: 18 hole (public) golf course
- Sandy Burr Country Club: 18 hole golf course (Public) can become a member
- Wayland Town Beach: Open in summer months offering swimming lessons and boat rentals
- The Town of Wayland has 100s of acres of Conservation land. Some of its larger sites include:
- Castle Hill: (30 acres), pond and trails
- Cow Common: (65 acres)
- Greenways: (98 acres) Two miles of trails
- Heard Farm: (85 acres) Orchards, meadows and woods
- Pod Meadow: (25 Acres) Ponds, woods
WAYLAND MA USEFUL LINKS:
- Wayland Official Website
- Wayland News
- Wayland Public Schools
- Wayland Town Crier
- The Children’s Way
- Wayland Baseball And Softball
- Wayland Public Library
- Wayland Police Department
- Wayland MA Restaurants
Contact Coldwell Banker's Rachel Bodner at 1-(978)-505-1466 or Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org for all our real estate needs in Wayland and other Metrowest Towns.
- Participated in over 160 Home Sales from 2013-2017 with over 40 Sides in 2017
- #1 Selling Agents in Units Sold in the Sudbury CBRB Office 2015-2017
- International President's Premier Associate
- International President's Elite Society
- Top 2% of all Coldwell Banker Associates
- Top 1% Of All Real Estate Agents in the U.S.
- Named in "The Top 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Massachusetts"
- Numerous Sales and Customer Service Awards
- Serving Wayland and other Metrowest Communities
Be sure to create an account to save your favorite listing, and you'll receive email updates when new properties go on the market that meet your search criteria.
Search Wayland, MA Homes for Sale
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.
Today's Market Trends for Wayland, MA *
* All data pertains to single-family homes