Welcome to The Town of Needham MA! Needham is a well sought after town because of its close proximity to Boston and strong school system. Additionally, Needham has a wonderful "downtown" with a variety of shops and restaurants to visit. Needham offers both resale and New Construction Homes which are mostly scattered throughout the town in existing neighborhoods. Needham is approximately 12.7 square miles and about 8 miles from Boston. Needham is bordered by Wellesley, Newton, West Roxbury, Dover, Westwood and Dedham.
NEEDHAM MA TOWN INFORMATION:
- Distance to Boston: 8 miles
- Estimated Population: 28,886
- Square Miles: 12.7
- Commuter rail service from Boston's South Station is provided by the MBTA with four stops in Needham on its Needham Line: Needham Heights, Needham Center, Needham Junction and Hersey
SCHOOLS IN NEEDHAM MA:
- The Needham Public School System serves 5523 students and consists of Eight schools: Four Elementary Schools grades K-5, One Elementary School Grade 6,One Middle School grades 7-8,One High School grades 9-12.
*Needham High School: grades 9-12 Student Population: 1582
*Needham Per Pupil Spending: 2017 ($15,900) versus National Average ($11,392)
*Percent to Graduate High School: (97%)
*Percent to Attend College: (90%)
Real Estate Information:
- Residential Tax Rate (2018): $11.88 per $1000 Assessed Value.
- Average Price for a Single Family Home in Needham in 2017: ($963,496)
- Average Price for a Single Family Home in Needham in 2016: ($900,018)
- Percent Change (7.0+)
FUN FACTS ABOUT NEEDHAM MA:
- Needham is home to the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, an engineering school that was founded in 1997.
- In the mid 1800’s, William Carter established a knitting mill company in Needham that eventually became a leading brand of children’s apparel (Carter’s) in the U.S. The Carter family sold the business in 1990 and moved its headquarters to Atlanta, Georgia
- In 2005, Needham became the first city in the United States to raise the legal age by which to purchase tobacco products to 21
NEEDHAM MA POINTS OF INTEREST AND USEFUL LINKS:
- Town of Needham Official Website
- Needham Public Schools
- Needham Online
- Needham Free Public Library
- Needham Historical Society
- Needham Times
- Ridge Hill Reservation: 352 Acres of public open space
- Needham Community Center
- Needham MBTA Commuter Rail Service from Boston’s North Station stopping in: Needham Junction, Needham Center and Needham Heights on Needham Line
Contact Coldwell Banker's Rachel Bodner 1-(978)-505-1466 or Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org for all your Real Estate needs in Needham and the surrounding towns.
- Participated in over 160 Home Sales from 2013-2017 with over 42 Sides in 2017
- #1 Selling Agent in Units Sold in the CBRB Sudbury Office from 2015-2017
- International President's Premier Associate
- International President's Elite Society
- Top 2% of all Coldwell Banker Associates
- Top 1% of all Real Estate Agents in the U.S.
- Named in "The Top 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Massachusetts"
- Numerous Sales and Customer Service Awards
- Serving Needham and other Metrowest Communities
Be sure to create an account to save your favorite listing, and you'll receive email updates when new properties go on the market that meet your search criteria
Search Needham, MA Homes for Sale
Keller Williams Realty Boston-Metro | Back Bay
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Town and Country Real Estate
Benoit Mizner Simon & Co. - Needham - 936 Great Plain Ave.
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.
Today's Market Trends for Needham, MA *
* All data pertains to single-family homes